Friday, February 11, 2011

Almost a year...

I don't know how  it has happened, but It has been almost a year since i have posted anything.  I love the idea of blogging and having a way to track my thoughts and ideas but for some reason I haven't done it.  I have been so discouraged because I look around and realize I have so much to do and just don't know where to start.  So, my first plan is to get my ideas together in one place so I can prioritize and start marking things off my list! 

First off, I have been bothered by the color of my living room/Dining room since we moved in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the color but I think what happened is I chose the color before moving in.  I love this greenish blue color but would prefer if to be in the accents.  Then, last month I got my new Ballard Designs catalog and realized I need to just suck it up and paint if I want to be happy with my space:
I couldn't find the entire photo on the site but I am leaning towards going for the creamy neutral color so all of my accents pop.  I have also recently purchased a new dining table
I still need new chairs but my hubby (AWESOME HUBBY WHO MUST REALLY LOVE ME) went to West Chester, OH to the Ballard Outlet to buy our new couches and surprised me with this table.  It is normally $999 and he got it for $400!  I have been wanting a new table since we moved into this house 2 years ago because I started hosting family holiday meals and we had the room for a bigger table but it just wasn't a priority.  But for a 10 person table, even my hubby couldn't pass up that kind of deal.  I never really cared for the walnut stained furniture but I have learned to love it.  All of our trim, doors, and woodwork is walnut stained.  I have struggled to blend them with my furnishings and then all of a sudden the Ballard catalogs started showing walnut more and more!  I am so happy because I have always LOVED the Pottery Barn look, (we're talking I used to have Pottery Barn catalogs delivered to my mailbox in college, and I had already been getting them since I was a sophomore in high school)  But PB never really used the walnut look so I am thankful for my new love (Ballard).

No comments:

Post a Comment